Desired Skills and Experience
Proven commercial software development experience and published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market.
Experience in the tourism and hospitality industry will be beneficial.
iOS – Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C; Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc); Familiar with xcode
- Android – Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME); Familiar with the Android SDK; Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system; Familiar with Eclipse
- Analytical Skills: must be able to recognize the needs of customers, and create solutions that answer those needs.
- Communication: must be able to clearly communicate your ideas to team members and management.
- Creativity: find new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-Solving: As issues come up, you need to be able to make decisions that move the project forward.
- Teamwork: As part of a team of developers, you need to work well with others.
- Work directly with other members of the development team, product manager and business team.
- Support changes/applications post implementation by debugging, fixing and participating in maintenance releases as required.
- Develop error free, highly efficient code that complies with all code standards and methodologies.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Ability to work well either independently or as part of a team.
- May also be responsible for designing the prototype application, indicate program unit structure, and discuss application plans with the product development team.
- Manage the entire app lifecycle, from concept stage to delivery and post launch.