Front End Developer
Port Elizabeth, South Africa / Remote
Why we need you
We have a world-class, award-winning web app, and we want as many users as possible to be able to understand and take delight in using it. We need you to take ownership of the user experience from conceptualisation to implementation to analysis and testing.
You will have to champion user experience by understanding their needs, design and construct wireframes and mockups, articulate the motivations for these designs to the team, and then implement your designs with meticulous attention to detail.
What’s in it for you
- A salary (R15 000 to R30 000 per month based on previous experience and skills etc.)
- Working with fun, caring, interesting, intelligent, skilled people, who all love what they do
- Flexible and understanding work environment (we know you have a life and need us to be flexible with work times)
- Opportunity to keep learning (this is also compulsory)
- A chance to contribute to feature planning and product expansion
- 3+ years experience in a related role and/or strong portfolio of projects
- Experience with associated tools such as CSS preprocessors (Saas or LESS), Bootstrap, and jQuery
- Experience with automated UI testing
Bonus points for
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma, preferably in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Software Development or Information Systems
- Familiarity with product-led growth business strategy
- Some experience with the back-end tools, languages and technologies we use to build our product:
- MySQL (or another relational database)
- Microsoft Azure
Who we are
When they told GuestRevu’s founder it was impossible to run an international software company from a small seaside town in South Africa, he said “watch this”. Today, GuestRevu is an international market leader in guest feedback technology, and rated No.1 in the world for three years. We are the passionate and driven underdog of hospitality tech software that knocks the big boys out of the park.
Our reputation management software collects reviews of the client’s hotel from multiple review sites (Tripadvisor, Booking.com, Google, and many more) and consolidates them into one dashboard so that hoteliers can easily spot trends in feedback, reply to reviews, and keep on top of their online reputation. Our survey software collects guest feedback about their stays, and brings this information into the same dashboard to improve their guest experience, and highlight problem areas.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org