Full Stack Engineer
Port Elizabeth, South Africa / Remote
Why we need you
We need a mid- to senior-level engineer who can help us to develop, maintain and expand upon a high-quality web-based application (and the associated backend systems and processes) that delights our users and makes their work easier.
Your positive attitude and work ethic, combined with your good communication and interpersonal skills, will enable you to take ownership of projects assigned to you and liaise with colleagues across the business. Your ability to quickly understand new concepts and find multiple, creative solutions to problems will ensure that you write clean, efficient code that provides a brilliant user experience and maximises system performance, scalability, and reliability.
What’s in it for you
- A salary (R20 000 to R40 000 per month based on previous experience and skills etc.)
- Working with fun, caring, interesting, intelligent, skilled people, who all love what they do
- Flexible and understanding work environment (we know you have a life and need us to be flexible with work times)
- Opportunity to keep learning (this is also compulsory)
- A chance to contribute to feature planning and product expansion
- 3+ years of hands-on API and Web Development experience
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and RESTful API services
- Ability to write low defect code with high test coverage
- Experience with the tools and languages we use to do our work:
- MySQL or another relational database
- Integration technologies (e.g. HTTP webhooks, XML-related technologies, Unix Sockets, JSON APIs)
- Authentication systems (e.g. OAuth)
Bonus points for
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma, preferably in Computer Science, Software Development or Information Systems
- Knowledge of / experience within the hospitality services and social media industry
- Familiarity working with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.) in a serverless environment
- Recent working experience delivering projects using agile/scrum principles
Who we are
When they told GuestRevu’s founder it was impossible to run an international software company from a small seaside town in South Africa, he said “watch this”. Today, GuestRevu is an international market leader in guest feedback technology, and rated No.1 in the world for three years. We are the passionate and driven underdog of hospitality tech software that knocks the big boys out of the park.
Our reputation management software collects reviews of the client’s hotel from multiple review sites (Tripadvisor, Booking.com, Google, and many more) and consolidates them into one dashboard so that hoteliers can easily spot trends in feedback, reply to reviews, and keep on top of their online reputation. Our survey software collects guest feedback about their stays, and brings this information into the same dashboard to improve their guest experience, and highlight problem areas.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com